Here are 3 versions of Fun Flowers, the original postcard I have donated to this years anual Pakefield Postcard Auction. This year the event is an online auction which starts at 7pm on the 23rd September. Money raised on the night will be donated to Suffolk Artlink. The image on the right is the first version which I created back in April. I made the postcard by using a collage technique with my digital prints. I’ve then added marker pens to give extra detail.
I have been working on the letter ‘M” for my alphabet project and as we are coming up to the summer solstice where the nights are at their shortest I have created this study of moths. I have made this study by using my own lino prints of moths. I have created a repeat pattern and also a mixed media collage. Using Photoshop I have experimented with colour variations in navy, cobalt and cyan.
Continuing with my A-Z, this is the first time I have used the human figure in this project. I like the pattern making potential with harlequins and have enjoyed adding colourful geometric designs to these posing chaps!!
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2020! These are two colour variations for the Christmas card I have had printed this year called ‘December Decorations’. I like the frosty coldness of the blue shades with the icey white.
These designs are for the letter ‘G’ of my alphabet project. I created the goldfish pattern by hand-drawing the fish with pencil, fineliners and Sharpie markers. I like the watery background colours which I added in Photoshop. I feel the orangey fish stand out nicely against the turquoise and azure blue water.
This is a an artwork I made for a charity auction to be held in August 2019 in aid of Waveney and Blyth Arts, for which I am a member. The piece was postard sized and was also created for my alphabet project. I hand drew the Forget-me-not flowers with pencil, fineliner pens and Sharpie markers. to create an alternative version I scanned the piece and inverted the colours in Photoshop. The Forget-me-not is one of my favourite flowers!
I have hand drawn some highly patterned eggs and created repeats with contrasting backgrounds.
I’ve been working away at the letter ‘D’ for my alphabet project and come up with these studies based on dogs with diamonds and daisies. You may have guessed that I am referencing David Bowie here!
For the letter ‘C’ of my alphabet project, I have been working on a hand drawn design based on the wonderful Chameleon!
Continuing with my A-Z project and an exhibtion with the theme of Bugs and Blossom which is coming up later in the year, I have made this hand drawn pattern based on bramble blossom and bumble bees. Here I have shown the design in 3 colourways and an 2 invert versions which I rather like!!