Craft and Art Tuition with Suzi Pye at The Garden Studio
If you or someone you know would like to learn a new craft/art or develop skills in art and craft, I offer tuition in a wide range of creative activities from my studio. I am qualified with a BA (Hons) in Textiles and Ceramics and a PGCE teaching certificate.
Please contact me for the current cost of art tuition.
The sessions are flexible, you can do just an hour or book a course of sessions. Just send me a message using my Contact Suzi page and I will book you in at a time that is convenient for you. Most materials, equipment and media are included in the price of a session, but some items like jewellery findings, beads, lino blocks and larger amounts of polymer clay can be bought from me.
Gift Vouchers. Give someone special you know, the experience of learning a new craft or art. With a special gift card from me, starting at £10, they will be able to try any of the activities I teach. Use the Contact Suzi page to order your gift voucher, stating the amount, type of art/craft lesson and for how many people.
Flexible classes in all of these study areas:
- Polymer clay bead making. Learn how to make original unique beads, using millefiori canning techniques, embelish beads with foils, glitter, wrapping techniques, impressions, transfers, stecilling and over painting.
- Jewellery making techniques. Learn how to make rings, pendants, brooches and charms with polymer clay. Learn how to string your bracelets and necklaces with the correct techniques and findings.
- Mosaic making. Learn how to make individual mosaic pieces (tesserae) with polymer clay. I will show you how to make frames and mirrors or a special mosaic artwork.
- Felt making. I will teach you the skills in making lovely colourful felt beads and bangles.
- Textiles: I offer lessons in embroidery, fabric painting and dying, printmaking, applique and textile collage.
- Lino printing. I will show you how to cut your own lino block and print from it, using different techniques.
- Drawing classes. Learn how to drawn from still life or photographs, with graphite, charcoal, coloured pencils. soft pastel, oil pastel and watercolour pencils.
- Painting classes. Develop your skills with watercolour, oils, or acrylics.
- Greetings card making. Make your own special cards for family and friends. I will show you how to use handmade stamps and stencils, marbling, collage and paper making to make unique cards.
- Children’s and young people’s art lessons. I can teach any of the above subjects to children and young people. I offer sessions after school, at weekends and in the holidays. Enhance your child’s learning and help prepare them for GCSE’s and A level Art with portfolio building and course work activities.